Trixie Belden

 

You never know what you might find in these stories.  Is Trixie a recent college grad trying to decide her future? 

Or is she an FBI agent on a paranormal case?  Are the BWGs thrown into a parallel universe where socks play a key role?  Or is Trixie completely absent but some thirteen-year-old Trixie-wannabe is solving the case? 

You may even find a television character or two in this eclectic collection of unrelated stories! 

Read on...the truth is in here...
 

Blue Divider

The Stories


Shadows of the Past

A recent college graduate, Trixie must overcome the shadows of the past to see her way into the future.  (My first-ever attempt at fanfic.)

Originally published at Zap's Trixie Belden Page
Debuted:  June 29, 2000
Finished:   September 11, 2000
Word count:  65,252

Blue Divider

Voyage of Shadows

An alternate universe that explores what might have happened if the Bob-Whites were multinational and met on the SS Normandie right before the outbreak of World War II.

Debuted:  August 28, 2016, in celebration of my 15th Jixaversary
Finished:   August 28, 2017, in celebration of my 16th Jixaversary
Word count: 59,868

Blue Divider

The triX-Files (In Progress)

Special Agent Trixie Frayne is assigned to work a case with Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Prologue (25.7.01) 1,128 words
Chapter One (30.1.02) 2,427 words
Chapter Two (28.08.14) 3,563 words; in celebration of my 13th Jixaversary

Blue Divider

The Curse of the Alabaster Treasure

This adventure story was written for Jenni J's Trix-e-tron Challenge (Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge #8).  Join the Bob-Whites as they travel to the tropics and embark on the adventure of a lifetime.

Debuted:   August 1, 2003
Word count:  18,284

Blue Divider

Mary Sue Meets Bob-White

Prepare to cringe! This very short little story is horrid and was written for a "Bad Fic" Jix Challenge that is no longer being offered. Come on in and see what happens when the ultimate Mary Sue moves to Sleepyside and meets the Bob-Whites.

Debuted:  February 26, 2003 in celebration of Jixemitri's Third Jixanny
Word count:  1,661

Blue Divider

Moll Dick Goes Romancing

This is an "alternate reality" story that rewrites the last part of Chapter 13 of The Mysterious Code, "Moll Dick Goes Partying" to allow Trixie and Jim some romantic time alone together.

Debuted:  March 5, 2007 in celebration of Jixemitri's Seventh Jixanny
Word count:  1,251 (Dana); 1,709 (Total)

Blue Divider

The Farmhouse

This short story is a submission for Wendy and Dana's VTC (Virtual Trixie Camp) Challenge, which is Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge #19.  A simple trip to a cider mill has unexpected consequences.

Debuted:  August 3, 2008
Word count:  2,500

Blue Divider

Room for One More

This short story is a submission for Jixemitri's 2009 Halloween Challenge, which is Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge #21.  Something is just not right with Honey...

Debuted:  October 31, 2009
Word count:  1,674

Blue Divider

Read, Read, Read!

This short story is a submission for Jixemitri Circle Writing Event #2 (The Plot Bunny CWE). Join us as we listen to Bobby tell The Secret of the Mansion from his point of view.

Debuted:  July 6, 2012
Word count:  3,652

Blue Divider

The Bridge

This short story is a submission for Jixemitri Circle Writing Event #13 (Whatcha Cookin', Good Lookin'?). This is my take on how Di learned to make Chinese fried rice.

Debuted:  April 4, 2016
Word count:  3,498

Blue Divider

Spring Means Green

This short story is a quasi-submission for Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge 27 (Jixemitri is Turning 17!: A Picture is Worth 1000 Words). It's also something I wrote for the February Crawl of  Jixemitri Circle Writing Event #15 (The Bob-White Crawl). The story is told from the point of view of a canon character who is now 17 years old (like Jix!). The story is also a belated birthday present for my beloved Moms.

Debuted:  March 31, 2017, in honor of Jix's 17th birthday and Moms' (Amygirl's) birthday
Word count:  1,644

Blue Divider

The Disappearing Guest

Thirteen-year-old Kerry Lovedy has found an amnesiac—and lost her! Warning: This was written by a nine-year-old Dana—read at your own risk! Bonus: child-drawn illustrations!

Originally published at Zap's Trixie Belden Page
Debuted:   August 15, 2000
Word count:  12,728

Blue Divider

Short Blurbs

This page contains short submissions to various Jixemitri challenges and other places.
 

Blue Divider

Miniverses


Trixie Belden and...

This is less a universe than a loose collection of short, traditional mysteries.

Blue Divider

Mart Belden in...

This mini universe retells several canon moments from Mart's POV and was established to honor the memory of Mary Carey (Mcarey) for Jixemitri Circle Writing Event #11.
 

Blue Divider

Collaborations


Supernatural Reality

Supernatural Reality is a ghostly universe created with Susan featuring our annual collaborative paranormal stories.

Blue Divider

The Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death...as Explained by the Bob-Whites of the Glen:
The "Kitchen" Death as Explained by Honey

This is my contribution to a group tribute for Trixie's birthday based on the Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death.

Debuted:  May 1, 2018
Word count:  3,929 (Dana Chapter); 27,545 (Story Total)
Read the full story.

Blue Divider

The Game's Afoot!
Chapter 1: Miss Scarlet in the Conservatory with the Candlestick

This is my contribution to Susan's Second Jixaversary Clue-inspired extravaganza!   Join the Bob-Whites during a weekend getaway in Maine that promises adventure.

Debuted:  October 30, 2003
Word count:  1,313 (Dana Chapter); 21,696 (Story Total)
Read the full story from the beginning.

Blue Divider

Much Ado About Susan

Mary and I cooked up this little birthday tribute for the lovely Susan.  Join a group of handsome men wish Susan a perfectly perfect birthday.

Debuted:  August 22, 2004
Word count:  658 (Dana); 1,316 (Story Total)

Blue Divider

Toilet in the Middle of Mayhem

The gang solves the Mystery of the Missing Sock! Warning: written by the hysterical Philadelphia Phabulous Phour in a hotel room in Philly at 3 am after consuming, ahem, beverages and is by no means complete.  And, given that many years have gone by since it was started, it probably never will be.

Debuted:  August 5, 2001
Word count:  923
 

Blue Divider

Jix Group Stories


The following entries are group stories or chapters written as Jix group projects, mostly for the annual Jixanny celebrating Jix's birthday each March. They are all also available at Jix.

A Queer Coincidence

This is a contribution to Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge #1 , also known as  Meagan and Janette's Blinking Eye Challenge.   Once again, Jim has his own memories of what happened on the Bob-White trip to New York with their Iowa friends.

Debuted:  December 7, 2001
Word count:  3,419

Blue Divider

A Treacherous Trip

This is my submission to the Jixemitri Circle Writing Challenge #1, also known as Meagan and Janette's Blinking Eye Challenge.  Jim has his own memories of what happened on the Bob-White trip to New York with their Iowa friends (originally written because Sam's chapter had gone MIA).

Debuted:  October 10, 2002
Word count:  2,833

Blue Divider

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Sleepyside—Chapter Three

This was my contribution for the Jix authors' celebration of Jixemitri's Second Anniversary!  It doesn't necessarily affect anything in my Sapphire Days universe, but it is (sort of) part of that universe. 

Debuted:  March 7, 2002
Word count:  2,556
The full story is available via PDF.

Blue Divider

By the Skinning of Her Knee, Trixie Finds a Mystery: A Jixemitri Anniversary Adventure—Chapter Twelve

This is Mary, Kate, and my contribution to the Jix Authors' Writing Extravaganza in honor of Jixemitri's Third Jixanny.

Debuted:  March 7, 2003
Word count:  1,154 (Dana);  3,351 (Chapter Total)
The full story is currently unavailable.

Blue Divider

There's No Place Like Jix—Chapter Dana

This is my contribution to the Jix Authors'  "Thank You to the Readers" story, in honor of Jixemitri's Fifth Jixanny.  Travel with Dorothy as she learns the meaning of Jixemitri.

Debuted:  June 4, 2005
Word count:  1,154
The full story is hosted at Jixemitri.

Blue Divider

Picture Perfect

This is BethAnn, Susi, Leslie (Greyfort), and offered this story as part of the Jix Authors' group stories in honor of Jixemitri's Sixth Jixanny.  Join Honey as she reminisces.

Debuted:  March 12, 2006
Word count:  1,220 (Dana); 5,533 (Story Total)
The original story is hosted at Jixemitri.

Blue Divider

Another Mansion, Another Secret—Chapter 2:  The Haunted House

This is one of my contributions to the Jix group story, in honor of Jixemitri's Eighth Jixanny.  John the Bob-Whites as they investigate strange happenings in an old Victorian home.

Debuted:  March 16, 2008
Word count:  4,243
The full story is available at Susan's site.

Blue Divider

Another Mansion, Another Secret—Chapter 15:  Helen Johnson's Diary

This is one of my contributions to the Jix group story, in honor of Jixemitri's Eighth Jixanny.  John the Bob-Whites as they investigate strange happenings in an old Victorian home.

Debuted:  March 30, 2008
Word count:  1,545
The full story is available at Susan's site.

Blue Divider

Trask.  Miss Trask.

This is Bonnie H, Mary, and my contribution to the Jix  group stories in honor of Jixemitri's Ninth Jixanny.  What was Miss Trask up to while her charges were in Iowa?

Debuted:  March 13, 2009
Word count:  5,640 (Dana); 10,813 (Story Total)
The original story is hosted at Jixemitri.  (Ninth Jixanny Group Stories Table of Contents)

Blue Divider

The Case of the Devious Stalker

This is the Team Trixie and Honey (PurplePassion, Zeute [Melissa], TrishB, and me) contribution to the Jix  group stories in honor of Jixemitri's Tenth Jixanny.  Trixie and Honey have been in business 10 years, and a recent development allows them to reminisce about that time.

Debuted:  March 13, 2009
Word count:  5,840 (Dana); 18,513 (Story Total)
The original story is hosted at Jixemitri.  (Tenth Jixanny Group Stories Table of Contents)

Blue Divider

Trixie Belden and the Mystery at Bob-White Cave Through the Eyes of Her Friends—Chapter 3: Ghosts, Ghosts, Ghosts

This is my contribution to the Jix group story, as told by Honey, in honor of Jixemitri's Eleventh Jixanny.  See how Trixie's friends and adversaries viewed the Bob-White trip to the Ozarks.

Debuted:  March 2, 2011
Word count:  2,711 (Dana); 1,653 (KK); 4,364 (Chapter Total)
The full story is hosted at Jixemitri.

Blue Divider

Trixie Belden and the Mystery on Cobbett's Island: A New Perspective—Chapter 1: An Unexpected Invitation

This is my contribution to the Jix group story, as told by Honey, in honor of Jixemitri's Thirteenth Jixanny.  See how Trixie's friends and adversaries viewed the Bob-White trip to Cobbett's Island.

Debuted:  March 8, 2013
Word count:  3,240 (Dana); 228 (KK); 3,468 (Chapter Total)
The full story is hosted at Jixemitri.

Blue Divider

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Emeralds As Told By Everyone But Trixie—Chapter 1: Rabbit, Rabbit!

This is my contribution to the Jix group story, as told by Bobby, in honor of Jixemitri's Fourteenth Jixanny.  See how Trixie's friends and adversaries viewed the Bob-White trip to Washington, DC and Rosewood Hall.

Debuted:  March 8, 2014
Word count:  3,019 (Dana); 915 (KK); 13 (JC); 3,947 (Chapter Total)
The full story is hosted at Jixemitri.

Blue Divider

Trixie Belden and the Mystery on the Mississippi (through the eyes of everyone but Trixie)—Chapter 1: Promise of Adventure

This is my contribution to the Jix group story, as told by Jim, which was organized to holp celebrate Jix's Fifteenth Jixanny.  See how Trixie's friends and adversaries viewed the Bob-White trip to see the Mississippi River.

Debuted:  March 8, 2015
Word count:  2,302 (Dana); 1,649 (KK); 3,951 (Chapter Total)
The full story is hosted at Jixemitri.
 

Blue Divider

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Missing Heiress: A Jix Retelling—Chapter 1: Discovery at the Marsh

This is my contribution to the Jix group story, as told by Mart, which was organized to holp celebrate Jix's Sixteenth Jixanny.  See how Trixie's friends and adversaries viewed the mystery surrounding an amnesiac.

Debuted:  March 8, 2016
Word count:  3,378 (Dana); 7 (susan); 2,084 (KK); 5,469 (Chapter Total)
The full story is hosted at Jixemitri.
 

Blue Divider
SwirlyHome to Schoolgirl Shamus, Inc.Back to Schoolgirl Shamus FanFicEmail Dana
Blue Divider

Note: Trixie Belden® and associated characters are the copyright of Random House Books and are used without permission. These pages are not affiliated with Random House Books in any way.  These pages are not for profit.  All other characters are copyright © GSDana. Image of Trixie Belden © Random House Books. Graphics created by GSDana.