First Impressions

Honey and Jim meet Brian and Mart.


Just what did the Bob-Whites really think of each other when they met?

This is my take on rewriting the original canon stories from a different point of view, with the universe focusing on the first impressions the Bob-Whites had of each other, with a little bit of Helen Belden's observations thrown in for good measure. :)

I wanted to write this as true to the original series as possible, including the time period in which it was originally written (and therefore set). Because Trixie first met Honey and Jim in 1948, but Dan didn't come along until 1961, I decided to split the difference. This universe, except for "The Playground," is set from 1954 to 1955.

This universe debuted March 13, 2002, in celebration of Jixemitri's second anniversary (second Jixanny) and was completed August 28, 2004, for my third Jixaversary. It was updated slightly in May and June 2020.

Click on a cameo to read a story. 
 

Blue Divider

The Stories

The Playground

The Playground

Trixie and Diana meet on their first day of kindergartenand, of course, Mart gets into the act!
Debuted:  March 13, 2002, for Jixemitri's Second Jixanny
Word count:  5,818

Blue Divider

Poor Little Rich Girl

Poor Little Rich Girl

Poor-little-rich-girl Honey Wheeler moves from her father's NYC penthouse to a mansion in the countryand guess who she meets?
Debuted:  August 28, 2002, for my First Jixaversary
Word count: 11,292

Blue Divider

Runaway

Runaway

When Jim Frayne finally runs away from his cruel stepfather, he never imagines the kind of friends he'll find.
Debuted:  July 19, 2003, for the Two-Year Anniversary of schoolgirlshamus.net's debut on the Web
Word count:  11,162

Blue Divider

Home From Camp

Home From Camp

Brian and Mart Belden return from a summer at camp to find new people living in the mansion next door.
Debuted:  August 28, 2003, for my Second Jixaversary
Word count:  5,071

Blue Divider

A Many-Faceted Friendship

A Many-Faceted Friendship

Now that Jim and Honey have the family they've always dreamed of, what do they think of that family next door?
Debuted:  August 28, 2003, for my Second Jixaversary
Word count:  2,676

Blue Divider

Through Lavender-Colored Glasses

Through Lavender-Colored Glasses

Diana, newly rich, is lonely and longs to be invited to join Trixie Belden's group—which includes the boy and girl new to Sleepyside High.
Debuted:  October 24, 2003, the same day Trixie Belden and the Mysterious Visitor begins
Word count:  9,856

Blue Divider

West Side Story

West Side Story

Newly orphaned Dan Mangan suddenly finds himself removed from his NYC street gang and living in the woods outside of Sleepyside.
Debuted:  August 28, 2004, for my Third Jixaversary
Word count:  11,904

 

Blue Divider
Trixie and Honey Home to Schoolgirl Shamus, Inc. Back to FanFic Email Dana
Blue Divider

Note: Trixie Belden® and associated characters are the copyright © of Random House Books and are used without permission. These pages are not affiliated with Random House Books in any way.  These pages are not for profit.  All other characters and created graphics are the copyright © of GSDana. Images copyright © Random House Books. Graphics created by GSDana, please do not use without permission.